The following is a guide to how you could spend two days exploring the outdoors in Stafford, Virginia.
- Explore Crow’s Nest Natural Area Preserve for its 8 miles of hiking trails along the water, Government Island, or Virginia’s newest State Park, Widewater State Park.
- For the extra adventurous, spend the afternoon on the water and bring a kayak or canoe to Crow’s Nest’s kayak launch, Widewater State Park, Aquia Landing, or Lake Mooney for a morning or afternoon on the water.
- Have dinner at one of our local restaurants in Stafford, Virginia.
- Unwind with our local spirits at one of our great local craft breweries or wineries.
- Stay in one of our 28 hotels or our Bed and Breakfast, Lavender Heights Bed and Breakfast.
- Partake in a challenging round of golf on one of the beautiful courses in the area, such as Aquia Harbour Golf, Augustine Golf Club, or The Gauntlet Golf Club. Explore disc golf at Curtis Memorial Park or John Lee Pratt Park.
- Grab brunch at Potomac Point Winery, or lunch at 6 Bears & a Goat Brewing Company for a food and spirits experience. Also take a look at our list of local restaurants to suit your taste buds.
- Looking for some extra fun and adventure? Visit Northern Virginia’s first axe throwing facility at Kick’n Axe for a fun experience.
- Watch the breathtaking sunset at Aquia Landing Park. This site was the end of the Richmond, Fredericksburg & Potomac Railroad line, making it an important transportation point between Washington, DC, and Richmond, Virginia. It was the first place to see naval fire during the Civil War, making it a featured stop on the Civil War Trails. Aquia Landing is also an important stop on the Underground Railroad Network to Freedom.
- Keep the party going by visiting one of our local breweries for bingo night, trivia night, or local music and live bands.