The following is a guide to how you could spend two days exploring the outdoors in Stafford, Virginia.
- Explore Crow’s Nest Natural Area Preserve for its 8 miles of hiking trails, Government Island, or one of Virginia’s newest State Parks, Widewater State Park.
- For the extra adventurous, spend the afternoon with friends and family on the Potomac River. Bring your boat, paddle board, fishing rods, kayak, or canoe.
- The Potomac River is known as a diverse and popular fishing destination. Snakeheads as large as 18 pounds have been caught in Stafford. Anglers love the fisheries in Stafford for the vast amounts of bass found here.
- When you get off the waters or a long day of hiking, have dinner at one of our local restaurants in Stafford, Virginia.
- Unwind with our local spirits at one of our great local craft breweries or wineries.
- Find the best hotel rates in Northern Virginia and stay in one of our 29 hotels.
- Partake in a challenging round of golf on one of the beautiful courses in the area, such as Aquia Harbour Golf, Augustine Golf Club, or The Gauntlet Golf Club. Explore popular disc golf locations at Curtis Memorial Park or John Lee Pratt Park.
- Grab brunch at Potomac Point Winery, or lunch at 6 Bears & a Goat Brewing Company for a food and spirits experience. Also take a look at our list of local restaurants to suit your every taste bud.
- Looking for some extra fun and adventure? Visit Stafford’s very own FXBG Axe throwing facility for a fun experience.
- Watch the breathtaking sunset at Aquia Landing Park. This site was once the end of the Richmond, Fredericksburg & Potomac Railroad line, making it an important transportation point between Washington, DC, and Richmond, Virginia. It was the first place to see naval fire during the Civil War, making it a featured stop on the Civil War Trails. Aquia Landing is also an important stop on the Underground Railroad Network to Freedom.
- Keep the party going by visiting one of our local breweries for food trucks, trivia night, or local music and live bands.